Saturday, June 20, 2009

Thing #1- 7 1/2 Habits

As I began watching the video talking about lifelong learning, I thought to myself, "Are these not things that most people try to do?" As I thought about it more, things that often come naturally to me, and to many of us as teachers, do not always come naturally to our students and their families.

Through this Web 2.0 based class, I really hope that I come out of this with a better perspective of life long learning and application of technology. I also hope that this well help me show my students and others how important life long learning and how to use technology to help their everyday lives.

Of the 7 1/2 Habits, the most challenging to me will be Habit #5, creating my learning tool box. I use technology on a daily basis, but there are many aspects of technology that I can't afford at this point or simply haven't put the time into using.

The easiest habit for me will be Habit #3, viewing problems as challenges. I constantly do this in my life. I love a challenge!! I am pretty competitive and I am always looking to make myself better. i also love to problem solve, so viewing problems as challenges is something I do everyday.

The most important habit for me as an educator is Habit #2, to accept responsibility for my own learning. It is going to be my responsibility that I say caught up with the times and use the newest and best techniques in the classroom. I must be a life long learner in order to teach others how do effectively be life long learners.

2 comments:

  1. Problem-solver you are! I hope I'm allowed to follow you since most everyone else is elementary, not that I'd hold that against anyone ;). I definitely believe this class will provide us all a well-stocked toolbox. The best part is that many of the tools are really fun to play with, and I am a huge fan of playing in the name of work!

    ReplyDelete