Saturday, June 27, 2009

Thing #6- Feed your reader

This was actually a little challenging for me at first. I wanted to find sites and blogs that would actually help me that just fluff news or magazine material. A feed that I found that I really want to keep up with is a page on the DIY (Do It Yourself) website about Interior home improvement. Recently, my wife and I have been looking at houses and found one that we are (hopefully) going to purchase. It does need a LOT of work on the inside. We have been watching the DIY channel quite a bit lately and are wanting to fix up this house on our own.

One of the postings that came up on my reader, Keep Your Money in your Pocket, talks about how preventative maintenance will save you money in the long run. As we look at the house we are trying to buy, we realize that a lot of the work that neds to be done on it is because the people who lived there before did not do regualr maintenance. This feed is really good for us and hopefully will lead to several improvements we make on our house.

2 comments:

  1. I spent A LOT of time looking for interesting and useful sites, but most of mine have to do with information or resources for teaching. I think it will prove to have been time well spent, but it definitely didn't help me get alot of "Things" accomplished.

    I was wondering if the link in your post was to the DIY source. I've lived in the same house for 20+ years and done quite a few home improvements, including closing in a garage and finishing it out, building a 40 foot long carport and putting ceramic tile in the kitchen. I think the key is knowing when and with what to get help (electrical in my case). I actually enjoy my projects and it's definitely cheaper to DIY !

    I'd be happy to help or advise in anyway I can. My house is not too far from Terry (my kids went to Berry). I would very much appreciate the link to that blog site. If your link is from a specific posting, I'm assuming I can get to the blog from there.

    By the way, do you know what the difference between "adopting" someone's blog and adding it to our readers ? I thought they were one and the same, but since Thing #7 separates those into two tasks . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to find a feed that really helps you out! I have a feed to my brothers work and personal blogs so I can keep up with what he's doing, otherwise, I would never know.

    Make sure you create links to all the sites you talk about so others can go there as well.

    ReplyDelete