Friday, July 17, 2009

One Last Thing

I really enjoyed this class. It did take a lot of time, but it was time well spend and definitely well worth it. My favorite parts of 23 Things were creating a blog, discovering Google Docs, and having my eyes opened to many incredible Web 2.0 tools. This program has helped me see the importance of life long learning and keeping up with technology. I have always thought technology was cool, but it was not until this class that I realized the importance of keeping up with technology.

This program has changed my outlook on technology and using it in the classroom. I would definitely participate in other classes like thyis one because I feel like it changed my mindset so much for the better and gave me a better perspective on why technology is so important. I have already found myself wanting to start a blog for my extended family so that everyone could post, comment, share, and post pictures and videos. It would be like an interactive scrapbook. We all know how important it is to document our lives through picture, videos, scrapbooks, and letters. How much more beneficial and enjoyable could it be to have an interactive documentation of your family's lives?

I have many greate ideas on how to use technology in my classroom this year, and I can't wait to try them! I have also fond myself saying, "I ned to share this with everyone at my campus!" I think that it would be good for a speaker to come and spend a whole day of staff development presenting a few key components of Web 2.0 and how it could be implemented in the classroom. Can you imagin if every teacher on campus was Web 2.0 savvy? What if every teaching team had a blog? a wiki? was a part of social networks? That is what would make a campus really stand out and push students to be successful.

Technology, along with our students, are always changing. If we don't change along with the times, we will lose our effectiveness as educators.

1 comment: