Friday, July 17, 2009

Thing #23- Other Social Networks

I thought Classroom 2.0 was a great social network that could be extremely beneficial to educators. It connects teachers from all over the globe to share, motivate, collaborate, inspire, and offer ideas. I think this would be a great tool for me to use to get ideas from other experienced teachers.

I really liked the "groups" section. I can join a group that interests me, such as DigiSkills, which is another resource I could use, among many I have learned in 23 Things to implement technology in the classroom. I could get ideas from people all over the world on technology applications that work for different age groups and different subjects.

Social Networking is a great resource because it is not information or news that comes from the media, but it comes from real life experiences of real people that you can connect with. You can post messages in the group and people can respond with activities, procedures, projects, technology, and/or strategies that they have actually tried or seen others try. It is a way to get useful information coming from someone you connect with. That is cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment