Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Thing #20- Google Docs

WOW!!! I can't believe I have been missing out on Google Docs! It is easy and very practical! There are so many ways I can not only use this in the classroom, but also in my daily life. I created 2 Docs: one was a word document asking people to list their favorite movies and the other was a Science Pop Quiz I created by using a form.

I will definitely use this this coming year in my classroom. I am going to create some pop quizzes for the students to take at home by creating a Form in Google Docs. It will be SO easy to grade because it will send it to me in a spreadsheet format! I can't wait.

Another way I can use it is to ask other teachers to collaborate to create a parent letter to send home. By sharing a Word Document with other teachers on my team, we will be able to create a parent letter in a fraction of the time.

Another way I can use Forms at school is to quickly take a poll from my students to see what they would rather do as an extra credit projecteach six weeks. This would allow them to have input for their extra credit and make it very easy for me to see the results from the poll with a click of a button!

I love Google Docs!

No comments:

Post a Comment