Friday, July 17, 2009

Thing #21- Google's not just for searching anymore

Google has done a great job about creating tools that are user friendly and VERY helpful! There are a ton of different tools, that serve many different purposes, and can make your life much easier.

I am usually pretty bad at keeping a calendar, but through this Thing, I created a Google calendar. I am very excited about this! I think it will help me be much more organized, and I can access my calendar wherever I can access the internet. My calendars in the past have always been on paper, so I had to carry the calendar wherever I was... which resulted in my forgetting to bring it. By having a Goolgle Calendar, I can keep all of my events in one place that is easy to access. This could be a great addition in my classes by posting a calendar online so that parents can see when assignments and projects are due, when tests and quizzes are, and any other important event that i publish.

I also looked into Google Sites. I have been wanting to create a website or blog for my classes so that students can access assignments, notes, study tips, videos, announcements, and pictures that pertain to my class on a website from home. This would also allow parents to get involved and feel like they are a part of their child's education. Google Sites might be the perfect tool for me to create this website!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment