Friday, July 3, 2009

Thing #7a- Google Reader revisited

I came across an interesting article today that got my attention. The article Should Schools Require Students to Purchase Specific Technology? By David Andrade, Andrade discusses how some schools are requiring students to purchase certain kinds of technology.

He states that some schools require students to purchace devices such as a iPhone or iPod Touches. He is all for advances in technology, but very against requiring specific brands or systems to use. I personally haven't heard of schools having these requirements.

I would definitely agree that a school should not require a blanket system or tachnology for all students. When I was in college, I had several friends whose preferences of technology differed GREATLY. Some liked Macs, some liked PC's. Some had iPhones, some had Blackberrys. Some used Facebook, some hated Facebook. Some used AT&T, some used Sprint. I thnk it would be unfair to require everyone to use the same technology.

1 comment:

  1. I agree, AND in most cases, how would they be able to afford the technology!? If the school wants to create a grant and give the students the tool to use, that's fine, but you cannot require everyone to use the same tools.

    ReplyDelete