Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Thing #10- Create a Slideshow

Creating a slideshow proved to be really easy. I used RockYou! to create my slideshow about storms and entered some captions that would prompt student thought and engagement. This could be a great way to create a lesson or have students create a project. Here is my slideshow:




Photo Credits:
1. The Barn in the Storm by Stuck in Customs
2. Freaky Storm by tysonA
3. Thunderstorm 12 by Shivavanamahohm
4. How to remember a Storm by Irargerich
5. After the Storm by Steve took it


I would also like to challenge my readers to take a slideshow and put it two different pieces of music on opposite ends of the emotional spectrum. Create a slideshow and put it to a "happy" feeling song, then use the same slideshow with a "dark" feeling song. See if it conveys any different messages.

As I was looking on another blog, Communication, I thought to myself, "I bet this slideshow could be interpreted completely different with "dark" music." It could even convey a completely different message ti viewers. Who knows!?

2 comments:

  1. I really like the slide show used in this way. Another blogger did something similar with a math lesson. I think a slide show like this would make an excellent "hook" for the beginning of a lesson. In the 5E model, the ENGAGE part captures the student's attention and is designed to start the wheels turning. I think it invites discussion or at least some questions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent slide show! I like your idea of the different music....if you cut out the scary music from a horror film, it's much less scary!

    ReplyDelete