Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Thing #8- Creative Commons

Before watching these videos, I have never heard of Creative Commons. What a great way for teachers to share, reuse, and remix! After spending only one year in the classroom, I found that standing on the shoulders of others really does help you reach new heights. As I was reading Thing #8 on B's Babble, another 23 Thingster's blog (my mom), I really loved the quote she used about Issac Newton- "If I have been able to see further than others, it is because I have stood on the shoulders of giants."

I found that collaborating with others makes me a much better teachers. Like the old adage, "Two heads is better than one," Creative Commons allows you to have a limitless "number of heads" as you create and piggy back off others. Even though Creative Commons has been around for over seven years, it must still be a secret as many people do not know about it. If people will learn how to use Creative Commons, I think there will be not only more technological advances, but also a sense of partnership among many people who don't even know each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment