Friday, July 17, 2009

Thing #22- Social Networking

I have been a user of Facebook for 5 years. When I first became a Facebook user, it was for college students to keep in touch with their friends from high school. You also had to have a college email address to get on Facebook. Soon after that, the Facebook creaters opened it up to anyone, which was a great idea. It allowed me to stay in contact with many other people besides the small group of friends whom I graduated with and also happened to go to college. It now allows me to stay in contact with and look at pictures, profiles, and status of many people (now including my mom, thanks to 23 Things!). See my Facebook Profile

Social Netwroking is a great way to keep up with others. Also, you must know that your students can see anything you have on your profile!!! Take home message- don't take pictures you wouldn't want your students to see!

I really do like that Facebook has connected people. It's neat to hear my mom talk about how she has connected with people since she got a Facebook account. It's also funny that she said, "It can be addicting!" It really can be addicting when you start to look at pictures of your friends, read their profiles, look at videos they have posted, and read their status. Moderation is a good thing.

I think a very useful application added to Facebook since it's creation is the News Feed on the Home Page. This is basically a Reader that sends you any status updates and changes made on the profiles of your "friends." This was you don't have to go to their profile to see updates. It's just like us using Goodle Reader for 23 Things.

Facebook is awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment