Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Thing #19- Voicethread

Voicethread was really interesting. I don't think I have ever thought about having a picture, group of pictures, or slideshow and have the ability to leave auditory comments and draw or write on the pictures. There are and endless niumber of ways to implement this program in the classroom!!

In Math, there could be a problem posted and the students could add comments on how to solve the problem. In English, students could discuss various parts of the book such as the setting. In science, students could comment on functions of different part of an of an organism or cell. There are so many possibilities!

I really liked Voicethread and hope that I will be able to use it my classroom.

2 comments:

  1. I love Voicethread. I see that it has so much potential in all subjects! In science, I think the comments would lead to a natural tie-in to relationships such as matter/energy; structure/function, etc. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your Math idea about having students explain how to solve the problem....after all, if they can teach someone else, we know they've learned!

    ReplyDelete