Sunday, July 12, 2009

Thing #17- Podcasts

Podcasts are fantastic! It allows me to subscribe to a talk show, music, or speaking series of some kind. I have used iTunes Podcasts in the past and have really enjoyed them. I like to download sermons and listen to them in my truck when I travel long distances.

For this thing, I listened to The Tech Teachers, The Math Factor Podcast, and Why? The Science Show for Kinds. I found some of these very interesting and actually subscribed to the Why? The Science Show for Kids. I think this will be a great place to look for conversations to start debates in my AT Science classroom next year. I think podcasts are a great way to get a variety of perspectives from both professionals and amatures about any topic you can imagine. It can be a form of research, if it is coming from a credible source, or an interesting series of facts to spark conversation.

Students could also get many ideas for projects and presentations through podcasts. They could be inspired to present a project by a podcast that grasped their attention.

1 comment:

  1. Podcasts are also very easy to create. Your AT students would love it and you'd have a an awesome project that is simple to grade!

    ReplyDelete