Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Thing #18- YouTube and TeacherTube

FINALLY!!! Something I am familiar with! I love YouTube. I first used YouTube in college to watch some goofy videos my friends emailed me. And, as many of you know, it can become very enjoyable but quite addicting. I would go to watch one video, and end up getting off the computer 2 hours later, after being completely entertained the whole time.

I would love to be able to use YouTube in the classroom because the students have used it, enjoy it, and are very familiar with it. Students are very tech savvy and like to make videos as projects. Some of my students videos last year were pretty impressive and were definitely YouTube worthy. They could also get a lot of ideas for projects from YouTube.

Another way that I would like to incorporate YouTube is to have video of math problems being worked out and posted so students could use them as a tutoring tool. In Solving Algebra Problems a teacher walks through an algebra problem step-by-step. This would be a very helpful tool for struggling students while they are at home.

Here is one of the many YouTube videos I thought was interesting. See if you pass the awareness test.




And here is a video I thought was really cool. Before viewing this video, I had never seen anyone play the guitar like this.


And I NEVER get tired of this video with some of the MISD Celebrities!


ENJOY!

1 comment:

  1. Loved the awareness test! Never saw the bear!! I must use this at school. Course, I loved the other two embedded clips!!!

    ReplyDelete