Sunday, July 12, 2009

Thing #16- Library Thing

This was a really interesting "thing." I am not a huge reader, but I found this website to be extremely convenient to find books that I would want to read. Searching by tag is a great way to find a book that is perfect for me. Many members of my family read, some read love stories, some read biographies, some read fictional stories based on war stories, and many others.

Searching by tag, I was able to type in two words and find a book that I think I would love to read. Then, I can read all the comments and reviews that readers have posted to see whether or not I do really want to read the book.

This would be GREAT for an English class. One assignment could be "choice" read, requiring students to find a book about a topic that interests them. LibraryThing could help students find a perfect book to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment