Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Thing #9- Photosharing with Flickr


I really liked Thing #9. I have used Flickr to upload pictures, but I never really used it just to search other people's pictures. There are some AWESOME pictures that people have posted on here!

A topic that has always fascinated me is storms. I love seeing pictures of different kinds of storms and it never dawned on me to look for storm pictures on Flickr. Here is a picture that I really liked:



This photo was uploaded onto Flickr by Steve took it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stevewall/189456199/


I also found several other images of storms that I really liked.

I read a few other blogs written by educators that found great ways to implement photosharing in their classroom. It gave me some great ideas on how to use photos to teach vocabulary, experience virtual field trips, and create projects tying education to the real world.

All of these ideas can drastically enhance the educational engagement and experience for students in the classroom.


1 comment:

  1. I liked the vocabulary show from Teacher Dude's Grill and BBQ- a great way to have kids learn the subtle differences between vocabulary word meanings. Our students have trouble with words that indicate a kind of change in size or placement, such as reduce, diminish, retain, disperse. These words need to be intrinsically understood and I think a slide show with examples might be helpful.

    ReplyDelete