Friday, July 17, 2009

Thing #7b

I came across something very interesting today as I was reading some postings on blogs that I follow, and it directly pertains to this class. While reading Technology & Teaching on David Warlick's blog, I started thinking, once again, about how important technology is in education (also the reason for 23 Things).

He posted a couple of questions he asked people about technology and teaching. The first question was asking if a teacher could still be a good teacher if they don't use technology, and many answered "Yes" but when asked the question if a teacher is actually doing his/her job if they aren't useing technology, most people answered "NO!"

I thought this was very interesting because a teacher's job is to educate a student so that he can be prepared for and successful in later stages of life. In this day and age, not using technology is not preparing students for the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment