Friday, July 3, 2009

Thing #12- Discovering Web 2.0

I found a really neat Web 2.o tool in the discovery portion of Thing #12. I used an online study tool called Quizlet. It allowes you to insert words and definitions as a tool to study for tests. It sets up flashcards, matching games, quizzes, tests, and it keeps track of everything you get correct and incorrect. This would be a GREAT tool to use at any level for any information. It can be used for any subject and can be shared with whomever you wish.

I created a set on Quizlet that consists of 5 science vocabulary terms. This would be a great pre-test or post-test for any subject where you could track student knowledge and see what content can be touched on briefly and what content needs to be retaught.

Here is a link to my set of Science Vocabulary words. See how well you do on the test after using the practice tools!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I got a B- on my science quizlet because I typed "kinetic" rather than "kinetic energy". I want you to regrade my test!!!
    I like this quizlet site too. I haven't looked at how it stores the grades and such. We will definitely be using TMSDS quizzes this year in both math and science. It is similar, but most of the quizzes will be pre-made I think.

    ReplyDelete