Friday, July 3, 2009

Thing #11- Online Image Generators

Thing #11 was awesome! I really enjoy playing around with images like this. I have been on websites or seen images and wondered how people make those. Just with a few clicks, you can have custom images that are fun to make and fun for people to look at. This will be one of the "Things" that I think I will use the most from this class.

Im my classroom I can use these in lessons, for signs in my classroom, for note cards, name tags, introductions to lessons, and I can even have my students create their own to display on projects, newsletters, and assignments. The possibilities are limitless.

In my personal life, I will most likely post images from image generators on my blog, Facebook page, thank you cards, send funny one's to friends via email, and definitely give these websites to my family and friends so they can play around with the image generators.

I really did enjoy it. Here are a few of the images that I created:

ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more

Created with "Texas Liscense Plate" on Image Chef

I think you might get a kick out of this next one. It was a funny picture taken of my in college when we had to wear a costume. Being on a limited budget, I came up with this masterpiece of a costume. To put the dialouge bubble on this awesome picture, I went to Comic Strip Generator, which sent me to Fototrix where I could make my comic.

If you can't read the dialouge bubble, it says "This is my 'Get away from my outhouse!' look. I've been workin on it. I ain't gonna have them kids settin' my porty-potty on fire no more!"

I just thought it was funny.


And another REALLY REALLY easy website I used was Spelling with Flickr. This was fun.


letter A letter d letter A KMcElman_090516_M2 S

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. This "thing" is totally addictive and has so many uses, just like you said! Kids will love it!

    ReplyDelete